E-tailers are adapting their marketing strategies to cater to a lucrative new breed of consumer—the tablet shopper. If you’ve seen Adobe’s Impact of Visitors on Retail Websites report, you’ll understand why the tablet shopper is attracting so much attention.
The report shows that:
- Tablet shoppers are three times more likely to make purchases than smartphone visitors
- Tablet shoppers spend 50% more per purchase than smartphone shoppers
- Tablet shoppers spend 20% more per purchase than visitors on laptops and desktops
Here in Australia, leading brands are embracing the shift in the online landscape towards tablet apps. We recently built a great tablet app for our client Carnival Australia. It’s an interactive brochure for P&O Cruises, one of Carnival’s marquee brands, and it guides the user through the entire process of choosing and booking a cruise. With an intuitive interface and plenty of interactive elements (including visual deck plans and ship information, destination photos, shore tour descriptions, itineraries and a live booking form), the tablet app makes organising a cruise easier and more fun than ever.
Take a look at the P&O Cruises tablet app here—as featured on Adobe’s App of the Week—Retail Apps:
As both a tablet owner and an avid shopper, I see my own habits reflected in Adobe’s findings above.
I leave you with two questions:
1. As a consumer, which tablet apps have you used recently and made a purchase?
2. As a marketer, how well is your online strategy catering for the tablet shopper?